If you feel a lot of pain in your mouth, you might need a tooth extraction. Even though the idea of having a tooth removal procedure done might be a bit scary, the team for Lovett Dental Sugar Land is here to help you get through this process. Our experienced and compassionate team of dentists and hygienists can guide you through the tooth extraction procedure, making you feel comfortable and secure in your choice of us for your dental needs.
Why Do I Need a Tooth Extraction?
This is one of the most common questions that we get asked about dental extraction procedures. Some of the most common reasons why we may need to remove one or more teeth include:
- Dental Trauma: If you have sustained an injury to one or more teeth, then we might need to remove the entire tooth. If there is associated damage to the alveolar bone, the periodontal ligament, or surrounding soft tissues, the tooth may need to come out.
- Irreparable Disease: If there is widespread decay throughout one or more teeth, then it is possible that we may not be able to use fillings to correct this issue. In this case, we may need to remove the entire tooth.
- Jaw and Tooth Inconsistency: If there are too many teeth present for the draw’s size, then this could lead to misalignment. Therefore, we may have to remove one or more teeth to rectify this issue.
Our team will present you with all of your options before deciding to move forward with a tooth extraction.
Will a Tooth Extraction Hurt?
Of course, we understand that many patients will have concerns when it comes to tooth removal processes. Patients might feel a bit sore after the procedure is done; however, our experienced dental providers will make sure that we minimize your discomfort as much as possible. We take great pride in the transparency that will be provided and all of our services, and we will make sure that all of your concerns are addressed before we move forward. Also, our modern equipment and techniques minimize discomfort.
How Long Will the Recovery Process Take Following an Extraction?
The exact length of the recovery process depends on where the removed teeth were located and how many of them had to come out. Some of the tips that we provide to all of our patients when it comes to recovering following teeth extractions include:
- Do not smoke, as this can have a disastrous impact on your oral health, particularly for an open socket that is still healing.
- Do not drink anything through a straw for at least 24 hours following a dental extraction procedure.
- If your dentist suggests a specific diet, stick to this diet as closely as possible.
- Do not rinse your mouth vigorously following a removal procedure, including while brushing your teeth.
As always, we recommend that our patients contact us with any concerns following an extraction procedure. We are always here to help.
Contact the Team from Lovett Dental Sugar Land for All Tooth Extraction Needs
If you are concerned that you might need to have a tooth removed, we are here to help you. At Lovett Dental Sugar Land, we work hard to stay on top of our field’s latest developments. We believe that this places us in the best position possible to help our patients. This includes you and your family. If you have concerns related to teeth extractions, count on our oral health professionals to help you. Contact us today at 832.990.8729, or contact us online to schedule a consultation or make an appointment with one of our team members.