The benefits of getting dental veneers are why so many people choose this option when seeking the ideal solution to a variety of dental health issues. However, the reasons that people get veneers likely vary from one patient to another patient.
Learn about the benefits of veneers and some reasons that people may need dental veneers. Then, please reach out to Lovett Dental Sugar Land today at 281-759-5900 or using our online form to speak to one of our experts or set up a free consultation.
An Explanation of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are made of a thin shell of porcelain that some sources refer to as wafer-like pieces of porcelain fitted over the natural teeth. Dentists make them out of either resin composite materials or porcelain. The porcelain veneers are considered to be more stain-resistant than the resin composite veneers.
Dental veneers are custom-made for each patient’s teeth and mouth. Although the reason for getting veneers for some people may be solely cosmetic, for other people, the reason includes correcting their dental health issues.
Dental veneers do not require specialized care. Many people continue with their regular oral health routine when they have veneers.
The Process of Getting Veneers
Making a dental appointment and discussing whether you’re a candidate for getting veneers with the dentist is the first step in this process. The dentist determines whether a particular patient is suitable for dental veneers. Patients that are not good candidates for veneers have other options that may include:
- Getting the teeth whitened to provide a brighter smile
- Getting one or more fillings to improve the appearance and health of the teeth
- Determining whether braces are an option for straightening the teeth or closing gaps
- Getting dental implants on a few teeth or an entire arch of teeth to correct dental issues
It is important that prospective patients do not assume that dental veneers are not an option to help with their dental needs. The dentist may have good news for patients that may think that only more extensive dental procedures are their only option.
The Benefits of Getting Dental Veneers
There are several benefits of getting dental veneers, whether the patient needs a veneer on a single tooth or needs veneers on their entire upper arch or the lower arch of teeth. Five benefits of veneers include:
- Provides a healthier and more natural-looking smile
- Corrects some issues with small gaps between the teeth
- Dental veneers may correct the appearance of teeth that are uneven or irregularly shaped
- Dental veneers are resistant to stains from tea or coffee or certain foods that may stain the teeth
- Veneers are custom made for each patient to ensure proper fit and shaping
Many people are unsure about getting veneers due to the cost. However, the fact that they last for many years and that they bond to the front of the teeth makes it a sound investment. Dental veneers, unlike partial dentures, are not removable. This means that they will not slip or fall out when you are speaking or eating, and they do not require removing at night to clean them.
Learn More at Lovett Dental Sugar Land
At Lovett Dental Sugar Land, we strive to provide our clients with healthy, beautiful smiles. Therefore, in addition to dental veneers, we can also help you or your loved ones access our other dental services, including:
- Preventative dentistry services
- Restorative dentistry services
- Dental exams
- Dental cleanings
- Cosmetic dentistry services
Call us right now at 281-759-5900, or contact us online to learn more about dental veneers and the benefits of this service. We will be happy to schedule an appointment for you so that you can start the process of discovering a healthier, more natural-looking smile with veneers.